Pepped Up Review


Title: All Pepped Up Series #1
Author:  Ali Dean
Genre: New Adult/Young Adult/Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Ali Dean
Publication Date:  August 25th 2013

The Blurb: Pepper Jones is ready for an epic cross country season. She wants to qualify for Nationals, and she’s willing to do anything it takes to make it happen. She can handle long miles and hill sprints, but boys? That’s an entirely different challenge.

Pepper’s never considered revealing her deeper feelings for her longtime friend, Jace Wilder. After all, he’s got the personal magnetism and good looks to hook just about any girl in town -- and he has. Their friendship stands apart from high school social circles, and they’re both just fine with that (or at least they pretend to be).

That is, until running star Ryan Harding moves to town.

When it comes to running, Pepper’s goals are clear. But when it comes to Jace and Ryan, it’s nowhere near as simple.

The Dish:  Special Thanks To Giselle at Xpresso Tours for the copy in exchange for a review. I’m going to tell you I read the series out of order mainly because I put in a request for the second book not knowing it was included in a series till the end and my main goal was to review that book but I went ahead and read all three so far, I’m proud of myself for actually reading till the end because I felt myself ready to flounce so many times but I couldn’t put it down.
It starts out so good and we get a sense of Pepper’s life then and now, we meet her friends and of course Jace wilder, I loved him a lot. Though I gotta say the way he acted at times, controlling and possessive ugh, for me there is a limit to being possessive and controlling is a turn off yet I love him.
The reason for pepper and jace not being together in the first place was stupid, yeah at first pepper was naive but jace was obvious in his feelings. And it was stupid for her to be with Ryan when she knew where her heart was and the way she acted and jace acted while she was with ryan I wouldn not have stayed in the relationship.

Aside from that and the obvious drama it was a good story and there were some scenes that gave me intense butterflies.






Comments

Popular Posts